Nowadays, anxiety takes control of our lives. Many external factors can cause us to stress or fear and we only see closed doors in every activity we develop. Don’t lose faith because you never know what tomorrow may bring! When everything leads to dead ends, remember that God will always be there for you no matter what. The Word of God is the only one place you should seek for help. Reading these verses from throughout both the Old and the New Testament will heal your wounded soul.
1. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Ph. 4:7
The Holy Spirit brings peace to our minds that surpasses all of our understanding – we need to first surrender our fear and our worries to Him. Bring your heartache to the Lord in prayer and trust in His goodness and faithfulness.
2. When I am afraid, I put my trust in You. Ps. 56:3
We do not have to put our confidence in our own selves. Christ is the Solid Rock on which we stand, and that He will never fail us. We can trust Him fully, deeply and completely, even when we fear.
3. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Is. 41:10
These words are the ultimate comfort when your soul feels weary and anxious – the Lord will be your strength, the Lord will be your help, the Lord will keep you upright and safe.
4. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Tm. 1:7
When fear or anxiety creep in, read these words to yourself. Fear is not of God. He instead gives us good gifts – power, love, a clear mind. He desires more for us, and we can accept those good gifts and leave the fear and worry behind through His grace.
5. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Js. 1:9
The Lord is calling us forward into places of freedom, but we must rely on His strength and His love to get us there. Be strong in Him. Trust in Him. Let Him guide you and let Him be your peace.
6. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Ps. 34:18
The Lord is close to you when you are feeling anxious or overwhelmed. He is always near, always present, always loving you. He can handle anything you are carrying – just give it up to Him in prayer and worship.
7. An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. Pr. 12:25
When you feel anxious, reach out to a close, trusted friend or loved one. Often, a few kinds words of encouragement can be a balm to our frazzled minds and restless hearts and help to soothe our fears.
8. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. Co. 3:15
We are tempted to look at things in the world to comfort us when we are feeling stressed, but only Jesus can truly satisfy the desires of our hearts. He can bring us peace far beyond anything the world could ever offer – just trust Him!
9. The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. Ps. 29:11
The Lord will deliver you from every anxiety, every doubt, every fear, every concern. God’s plans for our lives are perfect and good. Seek Him first!
10. LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us. Is. 26:12
When we think of all the qualities and attributes of God, we shift our attention away from what is making us worried, and the stress starts to fade away. He is our light; he is our salvation; he is our stronghold… the list goes on and on. What other qualities of God can you think on today?
11. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Ga. 5:1
We are not bound by our fear or our anxiety. In Christ, we can cast off those chains and be set free into a life that is more rich than anything the world could give us. It is for freedom we have been set free to live as sons and daughters of our Father the King!