We live in a world that is full speed ahead all the time. It is so easy to get caught up in our daily lives doing what we do: going to work, shuttling kids, running errands, and all the other responsibilities that we have. We live in a society that promotes self-reliance and the idea that we should be “Wonder Woman” or “Superman” and not need anyone.
The constant pressures of life and society make it so easy to forget that we need God in our lives. We get caught up trying to juggle everything ourselves and don’t rely on Him. It’s no wonder we often feel exhausted and at our wits’ end when life keeps piling it on. We need God. Everyone needs Jesus every day. If you have been carrying life’s burdens on your own and haven’t been mindful of how much you need God lately, don’t despair. It happens sometimes, and thankfully we serve an awesome, loving God who gives us a fresh slate every day.
Here are some prayers to help you ask for God’s help:
A Prayer for God’s Help
I pray over my circumstances right now. I pray You will give me peace about what I can’t change and the wisdom to change the things I can. I’m asking You to reach into my life and do Your will. Guide me and give me the discernment to hear Your voice. Help me to overcome these adversities and have victory in You on the other side. I thank You for the plans You have for me and give You the praise and glory, even in this current storm. In Your name, I pray.
A Prayer for Faith in God
I thank You for the gift of faith. Although things have been difficult, I’m trying to stay positive and keep the faith. Lord, I ask that You help encourage me. Bring a passage of scripture to my attention, send the perfect song my way, or place someone in my life to lift me up. Thank You for all You’re doing that I can’t see yet. In Your name, I pray.
A Prayer for Dependence on God
I have been struggling with depending on You. I have been trying to carry this thing called “life” on my own. Thank You so much for being my rock and never deserting me. Even though I have been distracted, I always know that I can lean on You in all circumstances. Help me to keep my eyes on You and not depend on myself all the time. In Your name, I pray.
A Prayer to Know God More
Sometimes I get so lost in my life and don’t know what to do. During these times, I wish I knew You more. Help me to grow closer to You and understand You. I want to hear Your voice and let You guide me on this road called life. Please draw closer to me and surround me with people that will help me to know You personally. Ignite a spark in my heart to have a personal relationship with You. In Your name, I pray. Amen.
How God Loves You
God loves you in so many ways. No matter what you are going through, He’s right there with you. God knows your circumstances and your struggles. He knows all the different emotions that you are going through and all the thoughts that run through your head. Still, He loves you, regardless of any doubts or fears that you have.
Some ways that God loves us include:
- Providing for us in trying times.
- Bringing a particular passage, scripture verse, or song to our attention to remind us we are not alone.
- Working in the background of our lives (and others) even though we aren’t able to see it.
- Bringing the right opportunities into our lives when we feel all is lost.
- Filling us with His peace and love to comfort us.
- Sending people into our lives to comfort us, encourage us, and teach us.
How to Have Faith in God
Having faith in God is crucial and goes hand-in-hand with needing Him. There are many ways to have faith in God that are important for long-time believers, new believers, and those who are restoring their faith as well.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus. This is most important above anything else.
- Ask for faith from God. John 14:13 says, “You can ask anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.”
- When problems arise, seek God first and listen carefully with an open heart.
- Open up to God about everything, for He already knows every thought that goes through your head.
- Read the Bible and pray every day.
- Surround yourself with other believers that you trust and can talk to.