Our lives are crazy, and anything can happen on any day. When things are going wrong, sometimes all we can focus on are the bad things. Instead, we should look for the surprise blessings that can make any day a good day.
You could get into an accident but you’re okay and your car is still drivable. You could get stuck in traffic, which causes you to not be involved in an accident. You could be out of your favorite cereal at home but get to the office and find that someone brought in donuts. It truly is the little things in life. Each morning when we get up, we should greet the Lord and pray for a good day. From there, we should focus on the little things that go right and thank Him for every blessing.
A Prayer for a Good Day
Thank you for getting me up this morning to greet another day and live for You. You make my life truly good. I know that there are a thousand different things that can go wrong today, but I choose to focus on Your goodness. I pray that You will help me have a good day today, despite my changing circumstances. Give me the wisdom and discernment to know how I can help someone or reach out to someone who is hurting. Help me be a good part of someone else’s day, and encourage me to think of others before myself. And at the end of this day, remind me to thank You for every blessing You have given me. May I always take delight in every small or large blessing from You God.
In your name, I pray Jesus.
What Does the Bible Say about Our Daily Life?
“And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:6-9
The Bible says that we are saved by faith, which is a gift from God. This means that each day is a gift from Him we can get up and enjoy. We are also to spend time with the Lord every day, studying His Word and applying it to our lives. We should always give Him thanks for the ways He helps us in our lives. Also, we should imitate Him in our lives and do our work as if we are working for the Lord.
6 Bible Verses about What a Good Day Looks Like
- “This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.”
- “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- “I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to my enemies but set me in a safe place.”
- “The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.”
- “May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you peace.”
- “May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with you. My love to all of you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Corinthians 16:23-24
What Does a Good Day Look Like?
Waking up to a new day is the start of a good day. For many of us, a good day includes having some alone time with God during our day, getting our families ready for school and work, and then doing whatever we need to do. Having a fulfilling day at work, being able to help others, and knowing that our kids and spouses have had a good day at work and school makes for a great day. Finally, spending time with your kids is a common and great way to end your day. However, the most important (and best part) of a good day is knowing that no matter what life throws at us, the Lord is there for us.
Is It Okay to Want to Have Good Days?
Absolutely. We live in a world full of pessimism and negativity which can easily get us down. However, we shouldn’t get caught up in it. As Christians, it is perfectly okay to want to have good days. In fact, we should expect to have more good days than bad because we know that no matter what happens, God is with us.
There will be days that are challenging, no doubt. Instead of getting caught up in all that is going wrong, we should look for the Lord’s blessings and praise Him for what is going right. We make a choice to have a good day and we love a God that wants us to have more good days than bad. We should also listen and follow His lead in how we can help someone or minister to them, turning our good days into great days.
Ways to Have a Good Day Despite Your Circumstances
- Remember that God is with you wherever you go.
- Pray for help with whatever it is you need.
- Praise God for the things that are going right, no matter how small.
- Thank the Lord ahead of time for what He is doing in your situation.
- Talk to a friend or family member about your circumstances.
- Treat yourself to something small, whether it’s a candy bar at the grocery store, a movie or book that’s on sale, or a small cup of your favorite gourmet coffee.
- Do something for someone else.
- Smile at someone.
- Spend some quality time with your kids, nieces, nephews or a friend’s children.
- It’s easy for us to have a good day every day. We should start with a heavenly mindset and ask God for help with what we need.
Next, we should thank Him for what He is doing in our situation, even if we can’t see it yet. Finally, do something for someone else during the day. When we navigate our day while listening to the Lord and looking to see Him in our day, we can’t go wrong.